Is it Safe to come to physical therapy?
Body Rebuilders is working hard to ensure the safety of our patients and employees. Please review our revised COVID-19 precautionary measures to better understand our new protocols. As we navigate through this uncharted phase of healthcare, we will continue to update our policies and procedures to reflect the most current recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Precautionary measures at Body Rebuilders:
- All staff will be screened for symptoms daily prior to entering the clinic.
- All patients will be screened to assess for risk of contact exposure or symptoms. If a risk is identified, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Any patient over the age of 65, with a compromised immune system, or complex co-morbidities will be encouraged to speak to their physical therapist and physician to determine if in-clinic, telehealth, or a combination of both treatments may be initiated.
- All patients and therapists will be required to wear masks during treatment. If patients arrive without a mask or face covering, they will not be treated.
- We have decreased the number of physical therapists working per day and have increased our treatment times to 1 patient-per-hour to allow for a decreased volume of patients and one-on-one interaction with your therapist during your treatment time.
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer after entering the clinic.
- All staff will follow CDC recommended hand washing protocols before, after and during patient interaction as indicated.
- Treatment sessions will take place in private treatment rooms.
- All treatment rooms will be sanitized before and after use following CDC guidelines.
- All common areas, entry and exit doors will be sanitized hourly.
- Highly touched items such as magazines will be removed from the waiting room.
- Chairs in waiting room will be spaced to ensure proper social distancing. Guides will be provided on the floor to facilitate the flow of foot traffic to designated waiting areas.
- Social distance guidelines will be followed in all common areas of the clinic including the gym.
- All exercise equipment will be cleaned before and after patient use.
We will be screening patients prior to treatment to identify anyone who may be at risk of COVID-19 symptoms or contact exposure. To protect our patients and employees we ask that you cancel your appointment if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Are you experiencing the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath OR 2 or more of the following:
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Body aches
- Repeated shaking with chills
What can we all do to stop the spread of COVID-19?
The CDC recommends:
- Clean your hands often, with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol for 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain social distance or at least 6 feet when in public.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
- If feeling sick, please stay at home.
PA Department of Health:https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx